Starting at: $121.98
Wild Caught Alaskan Halibut
Halibut has arrived! Time to add grade A Alaskan Halibut to your menu! Wild caught from the continental shelf areas of remote Alaska, we are now delivering the highest quality Alaskan Halibut directly to our customers. Alaskan halibut are flat fish that swim the continental shelf areas in remote Alaska. Halibut sets the flavor standard for delicious tasting fish, and Captain Tony is supplying the highest quality. The meat of this large-species (up to 500lb per fish) is white, flaky and perfect. Typically baked or grilled, you can’t ask for a better fish to cook with.
This sustainably harvested abundant natural resource is an excellent source of protein. 100% all natural product comes directly from nature with no preservatives. These skinless boneless portions come individually vacuum packed. Perfectly sized portions are approximately 8 – 12 oz and serve 1-2 people.
- The 2 lb. box contains approximately 3-4 portions
- The 5 lb. box contains approximately 9-11 portions
- The 10 lb. box contains approximately 18-22 portions
- The 20 lb. box contains approximately 36-44 portions
Simple to store, thaw and cook, these skinless boneless wild Alaskan Halibut fillets are a delicious and convenient dinner option any day of the week. Taste the difference when you buy wild Halibut direct from Captain Tony!
Larger size and custom orders are available. Don’t see something you want? Live chat or call us now (907) 290-0992.
Adding this product to your shopping cart allows you to buy Wild Alaska Salmon & Seafood's add-on items, such as our Smoked Salmon products, smaller packages of our Royal Red Shrimp, and more!
We are proud to offer the highest quality Halibut at the lowest price available. Wild Alaska Salmon & Seafood Company is a 100% fisherman family owned business delivering a sustainable renewable resource that’s both healthy and delicious. Taste the difference when you buy Wild Halibut direct from Captain Tony!
Facts About Our Wild Alaskan Halibut:
- Halibut is a common name for two species of flatfish.
- Halibut (flatfish) are members of the family of right-eye flounders.
- Halibut are the largest of all flounders/flatfish. They have an average commercial catch weight of 25-30 lbs but can weigh over 600 lbs and be up to 8 feet long.
- These fish are unusual and interesting looking fish. Check out some images of halibut.
- A 5.5 oz/155 gram (approximately ½ of a fillet) fillet of Atlantic or Alaskan Halibut provides 220 calories, 42 grams of protein, 0 grams of carbohydrates and 5 grams of fat (no saturated fat and 40 calories from fat).
- Halibut is one of the safest fish to eat as far as mercury contamination is concerned. It contains some fat, but mostly the heart healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated kind. It’s also very high in selenium, which the body needs for detoxification and preventing DNA damage.
- Halibut is a lean fish with mild, sweet tasting white flesh, large flakes and a firm but tender texture.
- Sustainably harvested and wild caught from the icy waters of remote Alaska.
“Alaskan halibut have diamond-shaped bodies. They are more elongated than most flatfishes, the width being about one-third of the length. It has a high arch in the lateral line over the pectoral fin, and a crescent-shaped tail, which is different from other flat fishes. Small scales are embedded in the skin. Halibut have both eyes on their dark upper side. The color on the dark side varies, but tends to assume the coloration of the ocean bottom. The underside is lighter, appearing more like the sky from below. This color adaptation allows halibut to avoid detection by both prey and predator. They are one of the largest flatfish (only surpassed by the closely related Atlantic halibut), and can weigh up to 500 lb and grow to over 8 ft long.”
For complete shipping information, please go to our Shipping & Packaging page.
Serving & Care
For serving and care information related to all of our seafood products, please see our Storing, Thawing, and Cooking page.