Alaskan Black Cod
Starting at: $134.95
Wild Caught Alaska Black Cod
Wild Alaska Black Cod has arrived! Captain Tony has landed a new delicacy from the deep icy waters of the Bering Sea and the Gulf of Alaska.
Wild Alaska Black Cod, also known as Sablefish, is a succulent, beautiful snow-white fillet that flakes perfectly. Its rich, buttery flavor is delicious when prepared in a variety of cooking methods: grilled, smoked, sauteed, poached or roasted.
Our hand cut, perfectly sized portions are approximately 4 – 6oz. per individually vacuum packed fillet. You will love this rare catch!
The 2 lb. box contains approximately 5 to 8 portions
The 5 lb. box contains approximately 13 to 20 portions
The 10 lb. box contains approximately 26 to 40 portions
May contain pin bones.
Adding this product to your shopping cart allows you to buy Wild Alaska Salmon & Seafood's add-on items, such as our Smoked Salmon products, smaller packages of our Royal Red Shrimp, and more!
Wild Alaska Black Cod, also called Sablefish, live in the deep icy waters of the Bering Sea and the Gulf of Alaska. This premium whitefish develops the rich oil content that gives it its distinctive flavor and texture. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, yielding a fish that’s an excellent source of high-quality protein and eating enjoyment.
Wild Alaska Black Cod has a velvety white flesh with a sweet buttery flavor. High in oil content and rich with Omega-3 fatty acids this succulent fish is difficult to over-cook.
Facts About Wild Alaska Black Cod:
- Average size is approximately 10-20 pounds but some older ones grow much bigger.
- Black Cod are also called Sablefish or butterfish.
- Alaska has the world’s largest black cod population. Average weight is 5 to 10lbs.
- Black Cod has a velvety texture makes it perfect for grilling, poaching, smoking, and roasting.
- Excellent source of heart-healthy Omega-3s, potassium and protein. High in nutritious flavorful oils, the fats are mostly polyunsaturated.
- Deepwater caught by Trawling, Longlining and Pot Fishing
- Sustainably harvested and wild caught from deep icy waters in the Gulf of Alaska.
- May contain pin bones
We are proud to offer the highest quality Wild Alaskan Black Cod at the lowest price available. Wild Alaska Salmon & Seafood Company is a 100% fisherman family owned business delivering a sustainable renewable resource that’s both healthy and delicious. Taste the difference when you buy Wild Alaska Black Cod from Captain Tony!
For complete shipping information, please go to our Shipping & Packaging page.
Serving & Care
For serving and care information related to all of our seafood products, please see our Storing, Thawing, and Cooking page.