This spring recipe is perfect for any occasion! While already gluten-free, this recipe can be prepared without the dairy as well, satisfying any eater!
- 1-1/2lbs. Sockeye Salmon, thawed
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Cooking spray
- 1-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine (or lemon juice)
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (whatever you have on hand, like dill, basil, rosemary, etc.)
- Prepare the salmon for grilling. Remove the Sockeye salmon from refrigerator 15 minutes before cooking. Heat grill to 375F. Cut 2 pieces of aluminum foil about 6 inches longer than the salmon fillet or portions. Stack the foil pieces (shiny side down) on a baking sheet and spray generously with cooking spray. Place the salmon, skin side down, in the middle of the foil. Fold the foil sides and ends up (1-2 inches) to make a shallow pan around the salmon. Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Make the garlic-herb mixture. In a small bowl, mix together the wine, butter (or oil), garlic, and herbs. Spoon the mixture over the top of the salmon, drizzling with any remaining liquid.
- Grill the salmon. Carefully transfer the foil pan to the center of the preheated grill. Do not cover the salmon with foil or close the foil over the salmon. Close the grill cover and cook for 10-13 minutes, cooking just until fish is lightly translucent in the center – it will finish cooking from retained heat. Remove from the grill and let rest a few minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of ASMI.