This recipe incorporates bold flavors with green olives and lemon – the perfect complement to the delicate flavor of King Salmon! This recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight meal!
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup pitted Castelvetrano olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced chives
- 1 table spoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 Wild King Salmon Fillets
- 2 small lemons, halved
- Stir together parsley, olives, chives, shallot, zest, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, tossing to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (Tip: make the salsa verde ahead of time to allow the flavors to meld.)
- Combine paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle and rub paprika mixture onto fillets.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium heat until hot; add remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons oil swirling to coat. Add fillets skin side up and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Turn fillets over and cook until golden and just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Remove and let stand a few minutes.
- Cook the lemon halves, cut side down until charred, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Arrange fillets on a serving dish. Spoon salsa verde on top of fillets. Serve warm with charred lemons.