Korean chili paste, miso, and honey give a sweet and spicy kick to baked Black Cod, layered on a bed of crunchy vegetables.
- 1/4 cup yellow or white miso
- 1 tablespoon Korean chili paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1lb. Alaska Black Cod, but into 2oz. portions
- 1 small avocado, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1/2 cup English cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radish halves
- 1/2 cup pickled ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup salad dressing, preferably with wasabi and ginger
- 8 medium to larger butter lettuce leaves, or smaller iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups cooked sushi rice or quinoa
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 450F. Blend miso, chili paste, and honey. Spread onto Black Cod portions.
- Place portions on a spray-coated, foil-lined baking sheet. Roast for 5-7 minutes, cooking until fish is just opaque through out, and the fish is a deep golden brown on the outside. Cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, combine avocado, rice or quinoa, cucumber, radishes, and ginger. Pour on dressing, and toss to coat.
- Place about 1/3 cup vegetable/rice mixture onto each lettuce leaf. Top with a Black Cod portion. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cilantro for garnish.
Recipe courtesy of the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.