Fresh vegetables and zesty peanut sauce bring this dish to life! This is a perfect way to hit the “reset” button after the holidays. Prepare ahead of time for easy weekday meal-prep!
Prepared or bottled Thai peanut sauce
2 cups English cucumber, halved lengthwise, then sliced thinly
2 cups cherry/grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup red onion, half-moon slivered
3 cups cooked rice, kept warm
1/4 tsp black sesame seeds
1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 Wild Alaska salmon portions, quartered
2 tsp canola oil
8-12 cups mixed greens
- Prepare the rice. Toss warm rice with black sesame seeds, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate, covered if not using immediately.
- Combine cucumber, tomato, and onion. Set aside.
- Heat grill over medium-high heat.
- Rub canola oil on grill grates and metal skewers. Skewer the salmon, 4 pieces to each skewer.
- Brush fish with additional oil and season to taste. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until slightly charred. Remove salmon from grill.
- Place 2-3 cups of mixed greens in the bottom of large single-serving bowls. Add 3/4 cup of prepared rice.
- Add 3 small dollops of peanut sauce onto greens and rice.
- Place one cup of cucumber tomato salad around the rice. Add salmon skewer and 1tbsp of peanut sauce.
- Garnish with chopped green onion, crushed peanuts, or crispy fried garlic as desired. Enjoy!