Alaska Honey Sriracha Salmon Noodle Bowl
Recipe type: Entree
Need something quick yet delicious? This little gem of a recipe combines tons of flavor with the heart healthy nutrients of Alaskan Salmon. You won't be disappointed!
- 12 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce, low sodium
- 2 ozs. Fresh Ginger, sliced
- 1 Tbsp.Fish Sauce
- 3 Lbs. total Wild Alaska Salmon OR Cod, six 4 ozs. fillets
- ¼ Cup Sriracha
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 3 Tbsp. Canola Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 2¼ Lbs. Udon noodles, fresh
- 24 Ea. Baby Bok Choy,(separated into individual leaves with stems attached)
- 12 Ea. Shitake Mushrooms
- 6 ozs. total Tofu, firm, dices
- 36 Ea. Bamboo shoots, sliced
- 36 Ea. Waterchestnuts, sliced
- 6 tsp Cilantro, chopped
- 3 tsp. Sesame oil
- In a large pot add the chicken broth, soy sauce, ginger and fish sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until the broth has reduced by ¼ to 9 cups
- Remove from heat, discard ginger, and hold warm.
- In a small bowl blend the sriracha with the honey.
- Heat a large sauté pan, and add the canola and sesame oil
- Brush each side of the chosen Alaska fish with the honey sriracha.
*** You can control the heat by adding more or less of the honey sriracha basting liquid. When the fish is broken up into the broth, it adds a bit of bite. The more you baste the more bite you will add
- Place carefully into pan, and cook 2-3 minutes, turn, baste.
- Cook until done about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove, baste hold warm.
- In a sauce pot add 6 ozs. cooked udon and 12 ozs. of the broth, along with 4 pieces of the bok choy, split in half lengthwise and 2 shitake mushroom, sliced thin.
- Bring to boil, reduce to simmer and cook 2 minutes.
- Add 1 oz. of diced tofu, 6 bamboo shoots and 6 waterchestnuts and cook until everything is hot about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove everything to serving bowl. Top with cooked fish.
- Garnish with 1 tsp. of chopped cilantro and drizzle ½ tsp. sesame oil. Serve.